Opening Alpha 18.104.22.168
August 25, 2017 at 4:50 pm #183
EDIT : this post is no longer relevant, as version 22.214.171.124 has been released !
As you may have seen on Facebook and Reddit, I’m opening an alpha testing phase for the upcoming version, 126.96.36.199.
This update changes many things internally thus I wanted to make sure that everything works smoothlessly before releasing it. Basically some of the important changes made are these :
- Emulator support (supporter key) : a list of platforms and corresponding emulators is available, you can configure them so that your ROMs can be started with only a click.
- Controller support has been refactored to fix many issues. You should no longer need to plug your controller before starting GameRoom, and you should be able to hold joysticks/buttons pressed to scroll your games.
- Various changes concerning playtime recording. The not really appreciated “XXX has stopped after 3s” popup was removed, and some issues regarding time record have been fixed.
- You can now choose to keep the covers’ ratios instead of stretching them
- An exit button has been added to the menu bar
- Some issues where GameRoom would not start have been fixed
- You can now specify multiple game folders
- You can specify a custom save folder
- Of course many other minor changes and fixes
This does not include all changes made, but covers most of them.
Also some anonymous statistics collection has been added. This is limited only to the following:
- Total playtime
- Number of games
- Theme used (if supporter)
- RAM amount
- OS version
You can of course opt-out of this at any time, and nothing is being transferred nor sold to anyone. The reason behind this is to understand a bit better how GameRoom is used, and on which things development should focus. When installing the update, those informations will be readable in the ToS.
The app will also attempt to contact a GameRoom’s server on a daily basis, in order to get a counter of the daily active users. If you have opted-out from the anonymous statistic collection previously mentionned, this will not send anything to our servers and basically only perform a request that will increment a basic counter.
Now, if you want to test this new update before it’s released, basically send an email to email@example.com, and please specify wether you do have a supporter key or not. Please bear in mind that this update is still prone to issues and I strongly recommend you to backup your “%APPDATA%/GameRoom” folder.
Thanks for the help, and I hope you’ll enjoy this new version !August 28, 2017 at 7:49 am #189August 28, 2017 at 9:04 am #190August 30, 2017 at 6:27 pm #193August 31, 2017 at 3:00 pm #194August 31, 2017 at 3:07 pm #195
After this error, the one I had installed would not load either, so I launched the installer with Admin Privileges and it installed perfectly 🙂
It updated and kept my existing games, it looks ncie and I am very excited to add my Emulation collection, just not sure when I will get time lol
Will it automatically add games from MameX etc?August 31, 2017 at 3:20 pm #196
Then I guess in the end it is not possible to have a double installation.. But great to hear there was no issue with loading your games, this was the sensitive point !
For now, there is no Mame support, basically there are some platforms supported (see in the settings part) with corresponding emulators that you can use. You can specify a folder containing your ROMs for each of those platforms, so I guess that Mame support could be achievable in the same way !
The topic ‘Opening Alpha 188.8.131.52’ is closed to new replies.